Contributing to Gimel
Our recommendation is to start a slack discussion as soon as you have an idea for contributing to Gimel. This will help you, other interested contributors & the committers get to common grounds early in time. Contact the gimel-dev community on slack.
How can you help
Look for Issues that are open on below categories, pick an issue, start a slack discussion on slack channel, once we get to common grounds on the solution approach, open a PR with your implementation. Bug Fixes Enhancements & Improvements (Jira Details) * Add a new connector or major feature that you see missing in Gimel
You can also improve our documentation readme.md docs/.md Any other valuable comment you'd like to add to the code that will simplify other developers' lives.
- Get your github account.
- Fork the gimel repo into your account.
- Create an issue branch using the master branch.
- Make modifications to the code.
- Ensure code coverage by added test cases.
- All commits must have the issue ID & summary. Say "[ISSUE-10] Update readme.md for Aerospike".
- Ensure all your commits are squashed.
- Make a Pull Request to dev branch.
- If there are code review related changes - ensure those commits are also squashed.
- DO NOT include changes that are not directly related to the issue you are trying to resolve.
- Once PR is approved, code will be merged to Development branch.
- Once all regression test cases have passed - changes will be merged to master branch.